Singapore , Vacancies
- - ] (Posted on Wednesday December 31st,1969 07:33 PM)
5 to 7 Years
Bachelor's Degree-Graduate Degree (BA, BSc, BCom)
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Has a 4 yrs. of expience
Require Level 2, Level 3 Unix System Administrator, Must have recently worked in large Production environment preferably on Sun Solaris versions 8, 9 & 10;
· Experience on SUSE Linux will be an added advantage.
· Specialist knowledge on products such as Veritas: Clustering, Filesystem, Volume Manager is desirable.
· Fundamental knowledge on Operating system concepts, installation, up gradation, monitoring, backup and tuning issues, security etc. Good understanding of filesystem UFS, NFS, disk partitioning, file system tuning, configuring automounts and troubleshooting, housekeeping, backup and recovery issues.
· Thorough with under lying hardware and has some exposure on fixing hardware related issues.
· Intermediate sysadmin skills on one more other Unix OS, exposure to Win2K admin will be an added advantage.
· Experience with storage related issues, on physical disks, tapes .
· Specialist knowledge of performance and capacity issues with regards to Enterprise System Administration.
· Solid understanding of naming services, such as NIS, DNS. understands basic routing concepts
· Good understanding of basic networking concepts. Fundamental knowledge of network related issue, should be able to setup maintain networks for small and medium scale enterprise distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and NIS, can use nslookup/dig/snoop/netstat/top, etc. in order to diagnose any Unix related problems
· Good knowledge and ability to write shell and perl scripts.
· Ready to work as a team member in 24 X 7 environment – Involves all three shift working.
General Experience / Skills Required
· Ability to work within a global team, i.e. interface with various teams in various regions/locations effectively
· Good written and oral communication skills (English) capable of writing justifications, reports, run-books, etc
· Good problem solving skills, ability to perform formal root cause analysis
· Good analytical skills and the ability to proactively put forward technical recommendations
· General business awareness: ability to distinguish between business requirements, commercial requirements and technical
· Ability to work according to defined processes and procedures, such as request for service process, incident management, problem management, and prioritisation.
· Ability to define and improve job related processes and procedures
· Ability to work independently and without close supervision
· Willingness to work in a highly dynamic environment which requires flexibility and timely reaction to urgent requirements