Singapore , Vacancies
- - ] (Posted on Wednesday December 31st,1969 07:33 PM)
5 to 7 Years
Bachelor's Degree-Graduate Degree (BA, BSc, BCom)
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Has a 4 yrs. of experience
Job Specific Skills Required:
· Require Level 2, Level 3 Oracle Dbas for large enterprise having about 6000 + production instances.
· The candidate must be Oracle 8i, 9 certified and must have good experience on Oracle 8 onwards on Unix platform (preferable Solaris & SUSE Linux ), in 24/7 Production environments for large (100 GB or more ) databases
· Experience on OEM, Data Guard, Grid Control will be added advantage.
· Knowledge of Quest TOAD and Quest SQLLAB, SQL Analyzer, DB Expert is essential.
· Must be well versed with Patch install, version upgrades, monitoring and tuning,
· Expertise on 10G will be an added advantage.
· Experience in setting up Standby Database, implement and Administer Streams, RAC, RMAN will be an added advantage,
· Handled backups using Veritas Net Backup for large and 24x7 critical databases.
· Solaris Certification will be an added advantage.
· Fundamental knowledge on Enterprise RDBMS and must be good in Unix scripting also.
· Must have good communication skills, Ready to work as a team member in 24 x 7 environment.
· Must have good experience on Unix Shell scripting .
· Cross platform knowledge on Sybase or Sql server will be an added advantage.
· Good understanding of basic networking concepts
General Experience / Skills Required
· Ability to work within a global team, i.e. interface with various teams in various regions/locations effectively
· Good written and oral communication skills (English)
· Good problem solving skills, ability to perform formal root cause analysis
· Good analytical skills and the ability to proactively put forward technical recommendations
· General business awareness: ability to distinguish between business requirements, commercial requirements and technical
· Ability to work according to defined processes and procedures, such as request for service process, incident management, problem management, and prioritisation.
· Ability to define and improve job related processes and procedures
· Ability to work independently and without close supervision
· Willingness to work in a highly dynamic environment which requires flexibility and timely reaction to urgent requirements
· Ready to work as a team member in 24 x 7 environment.