Softenger , Vacancies
- - ] (Posted on Wednesday December 31st,1969 07:33 PM)
2 to 5 Years
Bachelor's Degree-Graduate Degree (BA, BSc, BCom)
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Position – Sybase Dba
Job Specific Skills Required:
• Require Senior Sybase Dbas for large enterprise having huge Sybase ASE and Replication setup.
• The candidate must have good experience on Sybase ASE 11.9 to at least 12.5.1 on unix platform (preferable Solaris)
• Must have experience in 24/7 Production environments for handling large (100 GB or more ) size databases.
• Should be able to configure Sybase for HA
• Proficient in troubleshooting/ handling database corruption, transaction log problems, Query performance problems.
• Proficient in Query optimisation , tuning etc
• On Sybase Replication Server, must have at least conceptual level knowledge. Installation, configuration and Troubleshooting Replication Server experience will be an added advantage.
• Must have knowledge on Programming complex Stored Procedures and Triggers.
• Sybase Certification will be an added advantage.
• Thorough in Fundamental knowledge on Adaptive Server Enterprise and ASE Replication Server.
• Must have good communication skills, Ready to work as a team member in 24 x 7 environment.
• Must have very good experience on Unix Shell scripting .
• Cross platform knowledge on Oracle or Sql server will be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of basic networking concepts
General Experience / Skills Required
• Ability to work within a global team, i.e. interface with various teams in various regions/locations effectively
• Good written and oral communication skills (English)
• Good problem solving skills, ability to perform formal root cause analysis
• Good analytical skills and the ability to proactively put forward technical recommendations
• General business awareness: ability to distinguish between business requirements, commercial requirements and technical
• Ability to work according to defined processes and procedures, such as request for service process, incident management, problem management, and prioritisation.
• Ability to define and improve job related processes and procedures
• Ability to work independently and without close supervision
• Willingness to work in a highly dynamic environment which requires flexibility and timely reaction to urgent requirements
• Ready to work as a team member in 24 x 7 environment.