HE-Oman , Vacancies
- - ] (Posted on Wednesday December 31st,1969 07:33 PM)
Less than 1 Year
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Job Descriptions of Site Supervisor (Diploma)
Head of Engineering (HE)
The Site Supervisor is expected to perform a technical, organizational and supervisory role to implement construction projects, including water/sewage networks. The following are the main primary tasks:
1. Oversee the day to day on site operations to ensure efficient work production including, supervision and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
2. Set out (marking the position of structures, water/sewage pipelinesí routes) and leveling the site, which includes surveying the site and implementing the work as per the provided layouts.
3. Manage and ensure timely completion of construction works. Control and maintain the safe and smooth progress of work.
4. Identify technical problems and solve them properly and handle obstacles effectively.
5. Identify manpower and equipment needs required for smoothly completion of work. Check drawings and quantities and ensure that the calculations are accurate for the work.
6. Responsible for the supervision on and coordination with subcontractors and report monitored work progress to the HE.
7. Oversee quality control and safety matters at the site, and ensure that regulations are adhered to. Prepare, review and monitor the safety plans and security measures.
8. Responsible on organization and supervision of material and human resources at site and oversee the selection and requisition of materials for use in the construction and maintain proper inventory records.
9. Assist in preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules. Plan the work and efficiently organize the site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
10. Prepare/submit detailed daily reports covering performed activities and experienced obstacles with proposals to overcome the pending ones. Consolidate those reports in one report and submit it on monthly basis. Assist in preparing the progress reports.
11. Review subcontractors and suppliers invoices and submit them to the HE for approval. Maintain good documentation system for implemented works including capturing photos for various work implementation stages.
12. Work with the HE to ensure any expenditure outside of the approved budget is monitored and controlled.
13. Any other tasks as required by the HE.
Diploma Degree in Civil Engineering (2 years base study)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Five years overall experience in construction of civil engineering tasks, of which three years of progressive experience in laying pipes and earthworks including excavation, pipelines bedding and backfilling as well as concrete and reinstatement works and bar bending scheduling.
2. Have sound experience in surveying and leveling works.
3. Have sound knowledge of trench making, excavation & other construction practices. Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including: backhoe loaders, excavators, shovels, dumpers, water pumps, compressors, compactors, backhoe loader crane and other related equipment.
4. Able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents.
5. Familiar with a broad spectrum of construction materials, methods and processes.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and show a high level of self motivation and demonstrated team leadership skills.
7. Problem/conflict solving skills and possess excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.